Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Another favorite book...

     Just thought I'd share another favorite book this morning.  We haven't had any snow days at my school yet, but there has been a lot of wishful thinking!  When I walked kids out to the bus line on Monday afternoon they were all thinking that Tuesday might be a snow day.  One of the kids said to me, "Don't forget to wear your pajama bottoms inside out and put a spoon under your pillow!"  I have heard many versions of the inside out pajama trick (including putting them in the freezer first), but never the spoon under the pillow.  When I asked the group what is the spoon for one of them replied, "For eating all that snow, I guess!"
     One of my favorite winter time books is called "Snow Day!" by Lester Laminack.  There are several books by this title, but this one is really fun to read to the kids because it has a bit of a surprise ending.  The book actually is all about the anticipation of a possible snow day.  If you haven't seen this one, you might want to check it out.  It has really fun illustrations by Adam Gustavson.  It also makes a fun teacher gift.  You'll see why when you read it. :)