Friday, December 30, 2011

Get a jump on your Valentine's Day crafting...

Here are a few vintage Valentine postcards that I have.  They were received in the mail in the year 1912.  I thought it was fun to think about using something from 100 years ago to make something new.








 I think I will make some pillow tucks with some of them. I have been wanting to try out some of this stuff:


I found out about Bubble Jet Set 2000 from my friends at Material Rewards in Dansville, NY.  They have used loads of it for the quilts they have made for the children of deployed soldiers.
You soak the fabric in the solution for a few minutes and then let it dry.  Once it's dry, iron it onto some freezer paper, cut to 8.5x11 inches and you can print right onto the fabric with your inkjet printer.  The images will be vibrant and last through washing with mild detergent.   I like that I will be able to get tons and tons of images from just one bottle.  The bottle says 40-50 sheets depending on the weight of the fabric.

I will keep you posted on my progress with this idea.  But first, I have to finish off a couple more UFOs that were part of my resolution for 2011.  Sadly, I can't really call this resolution a success, but I have finished a few of the things in the line-up.  I'll keep working on it.  You might have noticed that I tend to get side-tracked easily.
So many ideas, so little time...