Sunday, November 14, 2010

My ornie from the swap!

I received my ornie from Kendra a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't let myself enjoy it until I put my ornie in the mail to my swap partner.  I finally got a chance to put the finishing touches on mine and get it in the mail yesterday.  (Just before the deadline of November 15th - Yikes!  So if you are Lynda in Illinois don't give up, it's on it's way!) 
Kendra sent me a really prim looking snowman and an extra jingle tag.  Aren't they so cute?!  Thank you, Kendra!

I don't have my tree up yet so I hung it on my jelly cupboard.



I can't show you a picture of the ornie I sent to my swap partner because she hasn't seen it yet, but here are some candy cane ornies that I just made.  I grunged them with a coffee and spice mixture, and then baked them in the oven for a bit.  I love the smell of these ornies while baking and afterwards!  I'm not really sure where I am going to put them, but when I start my holiday decorating I'll figure it out and take another picture.  
I got the red ticking candy cane idea as well as an idea for some ticking hearts from Gooseberry Patch Christmas Book 3.

I am having trouble with my scanner, so I took pictures of the pages from the Gooseberry book.  I found several things in this 3rd Christmas Book that I'd like to make or adapt to my liking.  I actually love looking through these Gooseberry Christmas books again and again.  And I noticed that you can get most of them on Amazon for dirt cheap.  This volume 3 is selling for as little as 30 cents!!  Click here for a link to that page.  I started collecting when they first came out, so I didn't get a deal, but I've made several gifts based on the projects in the books so I guess I got my money's worth from them anyway.



I know Halloween is over, but I wanted to show where I put some of my treats.  (JoBeth will be relieved to see that I didn't throw the cookie cutter away!  It was on my counter when I took the pictures and I didn't see it until later.)
WARNING:  If you are person who has difficulty with keeping up with things like window washing, then you might enjoy seeing that you aren't alone.  However, if you are a person who is faithful about making window washing part of your routine, then you might be slightly horrified when you see my less than clean windows exposed by the flash.  :)




That's it for now, but I will definitely be back later today with the details for my giveaway which I mentioned in this post from way back when.  


P.S. Happy Birthday wishes to Carolyn over at Lee Prairie Designs!  I love the pictures she shared of herself from a few years back.  Her blog is one of my favorites because of her neat way of weaving a bit of nostalgia into many of her posts.