Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of School!!

Today is my first day of school with my students.  I was so excited that I hardly slept a wink - the usual for me on the eve of day one of a new school year.  I have the same class in fourth grade this year that I had in third grade last year.  They are the nicest bunch of students, and I can't wait to hear all about their summer adventures.  It's going to be a great year!!


The other day I noticed that I had 10 followers of my blog. And soon after that there were 12 followers!  First I laughed because I didn't really expect anyone to follow me except my sister.  But I have to say I've "met" some really terrific people through blog-land.  The next thought that popped into my head when I saw that there were 10 is "doin' the double-digit-dance!"  The double digit dance is something I look forward to with my fourth graders.  Most of them start the year at age 9, but somewhere in the year they turn 10 - so we do the double-digit-dance to celebrate.  Goofy, I know, but 9 and 10 year olds (and one 45 year old) really enjoy that kind of thing.
Since I didn't expect more than one follower, I believe I will celebrate this fun surprise.  So I think that I will need to host a giveaway to celebrate the double-digit-dance.   I will be back soon with more info. and pictures of the giveaway items.  


Have a great day, wherever you might be spending it.  I'll be in room 227 having a blast!
Melissa