Sunday, April 3, 2011

We interrupt this blog...

...for report card time.  I am really missing my blog time lately.  It has been sooo busy with school and a few other things going on.  But I have tons of things to share, so I promise to try to get those report cards done speedy-quick!
I really haven't had much time to visit everyone's blog lately, but Spring Break is coming soon, so hopefully I'll be able to do some catching up then.
Until I can return with some real pictures, I thought I'd share pictures of my very first attempt at cinnamon dough ornaments.  I did these back in February, and had soooo much fun trying these.  I read on Colleen's blog about dipping them in wax from old candles.  So I gave that a try.  Let's just say that maybe I spend a little too much time with 9 year olds.  Once I started dipping them in that wax it was like I couldn't stop.  It was so much fun!!  But the results bordered on disaster because this makes the wax highly uneven and runny.  (They still smelled wonderful, though!)  Luckily I came to my senses and did have a few good results.




I realize that my header needs a serious Spring Cleaning, as well as my background. At this point the sight of snow is almost offensive to the eye!  I'll get to that ASAP also!!
I hope all is well with everyone in blog land.  Take care and enjoy the daily signs of Spring that are there for the noticing!. : )