Thursday, April 7, 2011

I am in the home stretch...

My report cards are almost done so I am rewarding myself with a little blog time.  Since it's late, I'll keep this short for now, but I am really getting excited for the weekend 'cause I think I will have some good pictures to share.  Here's a little tease for now:
The package on the far right looks a little rumpled because I started tearing into the packages before I remembered that it's fun to take a picture of them all wrapped up.  : )
I think I might have been excited...

These are my swap treasures from my partner, Casey over at Olde Spoon River Homestead.  (We joined the Spring has Sprung Swap organized by Char over at The Pickled Pepper Patch.)  They arrived yesterday and I was going to force myself to wait til my report cards were done before I opened the package.  
Then again, I don't think so... 
I just don't have that kind of self-control right now I guess. 
 (But I never peek at Christmas time.  Really.  Honest. Well, not since I was about 12 anyway.)
I haven't been able to put these lovely, lovely prims anywhere yet, but I do have some good ideas of where they will be going Friday night/Saturday morning!!  Casey sent things that are perfect, perfect perfect for me!  
Now, I have to tell you a couple of things.  First of all, Casey did something that I absolutely love.  My swap package arrived at her house before she had a chance to send hers out.  She sent me a lovely email to thank me and told me that her package would soon be on the way.  Well, when I opened her package yesterday the wrappings looked familiar because they are the ones I sent with her swap goodies!!  I LOVE that she did that!  Isn't that kind of what prim is all about?  Make do, use it up, makeover, etc. etc.  And besides I wouldn't have wrapped her things in stuff I didn't like myself! : )  
Casey has been having computer trouble but she went to a friend's house and posted some pictures of what I sent to her, so go visit if you are like me and you LOVE seeing what everyone else sends in a swap.  : )   Char has a spot where people are posting pictures of their swap goodes so you can check that out, too!
 I am hoping to post directions for the Spring pillow and the bunny that I sent to Casey by the end of the weekend so I hope you'll come back to visit if you are interested in making either of them.
Enjoy the rest of your week!  And I hope the sun is shining where you are cause it's still on vacation here.  
: ) Melissa