Saturday, April 9, 2011

Perfectly Prim Swap Treasures!

I have so much I want to share, but alas, as soon as my report cards were done, there were other things to tend to.  But wouldn't life be boring if it was just a merry-go-round?  Today was the first truly Spring-like day here.  I worked outside in a t-shirt/sweatshirt and not a winter coat, knit headband and mittens.  It was so wonderful!!  I cleaned up some of my perennial beds and my husband and I raked our neighbor's yard.  They go South for the winter, and are due back soon.  We know the yard work is getting a little tougher for them so we wanted to get it cleaned up before they got here.  They'd never allow us to do it once they are here.  But the payoff is that they will have lovely gardens and landscaping for us to see each day of the summer.  (I told them once that I felt like I should install a mirror on the front of my house so they could enjoy the view we do.)

But the reason for this quick post before going back over to finish the job is to show off the beautiful things that Casey- Olde Spoon River Homestead - sent me for the Spring has Sprung swap I mentioned in my last post.  I knew I didn't have time to get full displays ready, but I really wanted to share the swap items because I wanted Casey to know that I absolutely love everything.  I owe her a thousand thank yous - at least!
Here is what she sent - feel free to drool, but I recommend keeping back from your keyboard if you do. :)

Here is the whole group of loot!
 I loved the packaging so I hadn't unwrapped everything yet.
The clothespins holding the bags shut were grubbied.  : )
I didn't take a close-up of the tarts.  They are raspberry chocolate drizzle flavor.
They remind me of a tootsie roll lollipop.  It's a flavor I've never tried and I can't wait!
Here are the prim eggs - can you smell their spicy-ness - YUM!
...and the yellow wooden bowl, too!!
...and the cutest little beeswax bunny ever!

Look at the beautiful blue in this prim bouquet!  I LOVE THIS!!

This is Basil the Bunny.  I think Casey used the pattern from
Wendy over at Ravenwood Whimzies offered for a challenge a while back.
I printed the pattern and gave it a try, but my attempt at Basil is still in sad little pieces upstairs.
I'm so excited cause Casey's version is soooo much better than what I had started.

A close up of Basil's prim awesomeness!

Well, my husband is probably wondering if I quit, so I had better run.  But I will be back tomorrow with some more pictures.  I have some great salt dough ornies from Sarah at All Roads Lead Home, and lovely, lovely beeswax ornie from Pam over at Primitive Basketcase to show.  
I hope you've had a great day in your neck of the woods!