Sunday, August 21, 2011

Halloween Hang Tags


Here's one last project I've worked on lately.  I really love vintage postcards.  I went to google and clicked the Images tab up at the top of the screen, then I typed "free vintage halloween postcards".  There are lots of images that you can work with.  I saved some of them to my computer and then inserted them into a Word document and resized them to the size I wanted.  
After I coffee stained my hang tags I put the postcard images on them.  I have a xyron sticker maker machine that I have found many uses for, both at home and at school. It makes it really easy to put the pictures onto the hang tags.  I bought mine at Walmart.  
Here's a little Halloween tree that I already had from a clearance sale at Joann's a few years ago.  I used the little hang tags for decorations.  I can't decide how I actually want to hang them from the tree, so that's why the strings are dangling down like they are for now.

Here are some larger hang tags I made.  I am going to make a pennant banner with them.  Still deciding what else I want to put on it to go with the hang tags.  
I think these also make fun package tie ons.  I have a few little trick or treat friends that usually get a special treat bag.  I think I'll make some of these for name tags on their bags.




It's that time of year for me to work in my classroom getting it ready to start the new school year with a new class, so I won't have as much time for blogging for a while.  I do have a table topper pattern to hopefully share sometime soon.  I'm working on writing the directions for it, and will share it as soon as I have that done.

Thanks for peeking in at the projects my sister and I worked on while she was home from Missouri.  I hope if you give any of them a try you'll share pictures!

Melissa