Saturday, July 30, 2011

What I worked on yesterday...

I feel like a high school kid who has just snuck out of class to go play hookey or something.  My husband is off on his weekly trip to the dump with my Dad, and if he comes home and finds me blogging it will not be pretty.   ('m supposed to be getting ready to go for a motorcycle ride with him.)

So I'm going to post pictures of what I did yesterday and be back tomorrow with more details.  I made 3 more pumpkins - one that I stained (unsuccessfully in my opinion).  I tried to create a little fall make-do which I am still pondering about so if you have suggestions they are more than welcome.  And I also created 3 grungy sunflowers.  They look a little wilty, but I have some ideas to try for the next round.  I kind of like them floppy to tell the truth.
I LOVE the candles and holders I found at my favorite shop - Stonewall Craftique!
 I am so lucky that it's only 20 minutes or so from my house - and on the way to work.  :D
The candles are on a timer so they come on at the same time every day and turn off 5 hours later.
Batteries last lots longer because I don't have to remember to twist the candle off at night - which I rarely remember to do.
Best part is they were cheaper than some of the non-timer candles I've seen.
These were only $5.95
I think I will grunge this one up because I really don't like how the staining turned out!



The one on the far right is my first one.  I love the taller one.  I used a different fabric for the  second from the right.
It's called Castle, I think.  I have had it for a long time.


Too grungy?  Not sure, but they smell WONDERFUL!