Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas in the Kitchen

Christmas Decorating in the Kitchen

Here is a quick winter bouquet that fits right in with kitchen decor.
The ingredients:
Twist the berry pick into the evergreen pick until you are happy with how it looks.  Tuck that arrangement into the upside down grater and fuss with it until the bottoms of the picks don't fall out the opening of the grater.  Then hang the spring with the candle in it onto the front of the grater.  And done!
You could hang a tea towel from the handle and it would finish it off nicely! A quick gift - for yourself or a friend. :)

Here's another kitchen themed idea:

I used brown craft wrapping paper that I cut to fit in my printer to make the label for this little rolling pin.  I gave the rolling pin away, but I think I need to make one of these for me, too!  For the homespun background fabric I just measured it wide enough so that a little wood could peek out on both sides and made it long enough so I could sew a seam and turn it.  Then I slipped it over the rolling pin.  I used my xyron sticker maker machine thingy to make a sticker out of the label, and I stuck it right to the fabric.  I was thinking that I could also have made the label paper long enough to wrap around the rolling pin. (Then it could have been removed after Christmas...)

The label I created:
The upper image is the one I used for the small rolling pin I covered.  
The lower image might work better for a larger rolling pin.